[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Help for Old Dog (18)

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 09:04:49 EST

In a message dated 11/7/2009 8:00:43 A.M. Central Standard Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
She asked me about any natural supplements (she mentioned ST  John's) to
help him relax, but I've never dealt with this  before.  Her vet told her
he
would look into it.   She doesn't want to use any meds per se.

Know lots of people to give St John's wort and although I  have not used it
I understand it works very well.
Another good choice is Rescue Remedy.  Perhaps before  grooming it could be
given.  It is all natural and just takes the  "edge" off the dog.  Many use
it for thunderstorms.
Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
don't".
..Frank A  Clark