[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ] Help Save Our Dogs

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:12:10 EDT

I can tell you what this GSDCA (RALEEF) person is doing.   I have just
finished compiling over SIX HUNDRED (and there's more) California clubs.
There are
more GSD clubs than almost any other breed clubs in California, by the way.
Today, I am meeting with a couple of women and stuffing envelopes to ask
these clubs to join the California Federation of Clubs (CFDC).   There have
already been over 150 emails sent out to those clubs with email addresses, with
the
application blanks.   This Federation, along with The Animal Council, The Cat
Fanciers of America, are keeping a very close eye on the state house right
now, and will jump very quickly any moment now.   HELP us, support us, join us.

I have ready to go WHEN IT IS TIME, 4 PAGES of talking points that will be
available to everybody to write, call, fax, email the committee members.   That
call to action will be soon, but writing an objection to a portion of the bill
now, before it is revised, will get a response "OH, THAT?   That isn't even
in the bill anymore."   But anybody that wants them now (The pages), can start
composing their letters and getting ready to call the committee assemblymen.

I joined CFDC and became a Board member because I realized that NO single
club is big enough to fight this battle.   Shouldn't have happened in L.A., and
if it happens now, it will go to your state and then to your state.   CFDC has
been a name in the forefront of fighting for dogs since the early '90's and
now is reorganizing with all the speed it can...CAREFULLY and correctly.   The
website is about to be activated, and the letters are going out.

Laura, of the SaveourDogs.net site immediately saw that her breed and breeds
such as hers, that fall under NO recognized registry are not exempt from
AB1634.   MY position is that the BILL is wrong and ANY FIXING of the bill is
not
to be accepted.   It MUST be defeated.

Right now, I hear rumblings of...well, 'designer dogs' if they belong to a
registry will be exempted...well, as long as they can prove they are purebred
someplace, they can be exempted.   NO!!! Let us not fall into that trap.
That's exactly how L.A. got what they got.   The bully breeds, when faced with
BSL,
said, if you're going to Mandatory US, then do it to everybody.   Guess what,
folks???

Stormy Hope
In a message dated 3/22/07 8:10:44 AM, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I would like to know if or when RALEEF and the GSDCA are going to be on the
> list of opposing clubs for this bill.  Folks if California goes...you can
> kiss the rest of the states Goodbye.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

 AOL now offers free email to everyone.