[ SHOWGSD-L ] Help! Need some ammunition for this!

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:21:15 -0500

Hi All -

I am sure most of you know about the MSN Legislation that has started up in
Florida. Our AKC person for DCA always posts the new ones coming out... I tend
to think that most DCA members have their heads in the sand about legislation
with regards to do breeding..

Well, this post below (name, etc taken out) showed up and I need some ammo....
I have already responded to her twice, but it sure seems like she has the AR
motive to me...

What do you guys suggest and are their good written articles backing up the
idea that the AR people are just looking for a foot in the door, etc..

>I know the comments I am about to make will probably not be well received on
>this list. But I must say that this looks like a great bill to me. Don't know
>why breeders always assume these laws will limit responsible breeding. Lots of
>good owners now
adopting rescue dogs would be available to buy from breeders and there would be
so much less animal suffering if we eliminated the unintended breeding. All 4
of my dogs, including 3 Dals, came from shelters. They have obedience and
agility titles. I would love to be able to buy a beautiful puppy from a breeder
but it
will never happen as long as our shelters are so full. Just my opinion.<

Jess M.
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC

Get quick access to your favorite MSN content with Internet Explorer 8.
http://ie8.msn.com/microsoft/internet-explorer-8/en-us/ie8.aspx?ocid°37MSN55C0701A