[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Help!! I've got caterpillars

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Janbraeloch@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 09:21:49 -0700

these are nasty buggers.. we would have swarms of them when we lived in
Alberta.. sometime so thick crossing the highways that cars would skid on
the masses and cause accidents..
they LOVE MayDay trees - but almost any deciduous tree will do..
unfortunately, spraying is the only way to get a broadcasted coverage of
control..can you move the dogs out of the area for a time?
haven't seen a tent caterpillar since we moved west.. not sorry either..
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
AT LAST!!! SEE OUR 'NEW" GIRL!  http://www.shadowacre.com/scorch.htm
UPDATED APRIL 28/06