[ SHOWGSD-L ] Helms Briscoe

  • From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:53:58 -0800

In a message dated 5/21/2007 8:38:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
helen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Joan, as  a previous sittting Board Member, did you get Board approval prior
to using  Helms Birscoe OR your #5 listed below?  I cannot find it in any of
the  Board minutes.

As a prior sitting board member, I remember that many things are done  with
only approval by the President, or a committee head.  Now the  Executive
Committee seems to do a lot, but not everything is approved by the  entire
board.

I never saw anything about hiring an attorney to work with the Hunte  matter,
or even what Hunte's settlement was, or that it was or was not  approved.  I
hear it was, but only because Lew worked it out.  He  didn't wait for any
approval, and that seemed to work. We do owe him a vote of  thanks instead of
worrying about approval prior to working it out.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together

Evan, are you saying that the actions of the Executive Commitee that WAS
ratified by the Board is the same as a committe head traveling and spending
thousands of dollars without permisson of the Board and without producing any
receipts, only a bill?
Helen