[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Helms Brisco

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: helen@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 21:42:42 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/2007 6:48:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
helen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
After receiving several emails, it is my understanding that Joan requested
the services of of Helms Briscoe after canceling the contract with the Hilton
Hotel in Colorado for the 150 rooms for our members plus free banquet rooms for
our meetings that Debbie Hokkenan had previously arranged as show chairman
chairman.  The Hilton Hotel almost sued the Parent Club.  Joan as the new
chairman felt she could do better with Helms Briscoe but never visited the
Colorado
sites.  As a result, we finally got only 50 rooms back thanks to Lew, from the
Hilton.  The Helms Briscoe rooms were not suitable unless you carried a gun.
to the budget and finanace committe without any approval or any receipts, that
was turned down. Now I'll wait for good friends Lee Brown and Cristine and
whomever to attack.
Helen

You are the one who is making out to be an attack I would rather look at it
that it is a concerned members. Since when has it become that a member cannot
ask questions.
But if as you say Joan messed up and maybe she did since we do not know all
the details. You may have more information than the general membership. Do you
really think it takes 3 people to view and decide what hotels are good enough
for members/exhibitors to stay?  I would think since it appears that Nanci was
now given this job her opinion should be good enough and not require 3
people.  Asking if all 3 people went to Colorado on PC money is an attack then
guess I am attacking in your opinion. In my opinion it is asking a simple
question and I see nothing wrong with that. I have reservations at one of the
hotels
that Helms Briscoe _Click here: Loveland, Colorado Hotel | Best Western
Crossroads Inn & Conference Center | Loveland, CO_
(http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=06114#null)

Helen, I think before you post to the list about needing guns you should
really check things out. Above is the website of the hotel I have my
reservations.
Just got off the telephone with them and ask what the crime rate in their
area was and got a good laugh from the person I spoke with.  She told me
extremely low crime. In fact she said they have to no crime there, they are off
of
I-25 and Hwy 34.
You accusations of this being an attacking is probably why more members do
not ask questions when they really do need to ask and need answers.

Lee Brown