[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hello, is this vacuum parts & repairs? (a blonde moment...

  • From: "paulette mcguirt" <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:05:01 -0500

In a message dated 1/19/2006 10:18 PM
Jamie(Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx) Writes:

> I fell for the sales pitch on the Kirby upright.....I hope
no one else will be that stupid.  This thing weighs a ton,
is forever getting caught in its extra-long cord, I've
forgotten how to attach all of the super-duper attachments
they demonstrated AND I have to drive all the way across
town to get the bags.....somebody kick me! And to think I
traded in my little $90 bagless Dirt Devel canister.
> Jamie

I didn't fall for the sales pitch, but I did buy a Kirby
upright at half the price that the sales people hawk it for.
You're right Jamie, it's heavy as heck, but I do love the
attachments.  I've got really tall heart pine, tongue&groove
ceilings and walls and need all the suction I can get when
cleaning them. Works great. I use the attachments for
dusting as well.  I order the bags online for a fraction of
the in-store price.

For actual vacuuming, I have 2 Orecks.  One old standard
model for use on hardwood/tile floors and picking up kibble
spills, treat crumbs, toy guts, leaves, rocks etc.  My other
is the top model Oreck XL-21.  It's incredible and has a
lifetime warranty.  It's not self-propelled, but acts like
it and it's as light as the reg. model.  I love both Orecks
and I've had no problems at all with either of them.
Despite all this hardware, I still can't keep up with my
German Shedders/Shredders. Lol.

Paulette McGuirt