[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hello from Lexington!

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:14:46 -0400

I know it was cold that year of the National, but that is not the norm for
Lexington.   In October, the average high in Lexington is 67°F and the average
low is 46ºF.  In November the averages are 55ºF/37ºF.  Not exactly Siberia.  In
Springfield, OH, it averages 64ºF/41ºF in October and 51ºF/33ºF in November.

My sister lived in Lexington for many years and never experienced the frigid
temps that occurred so early in the season at that National.  I wouldn't worry
about it happening again.  However, it *could* happen again.  Just as it could
be blazing hot.  Anywhere one goes, there is always the risk of experiencing
freakish weather.

I guess because I'm a horse person, I'm excited about Lexington.  (Plus, last
October in Lexington, the weather was glorious!)  However, I'm still hoping for
the opportunity to attend a National in California or the Pacific Northwest
before I'm too decrepit to travel that far.  <G>

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam