[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hello all

  • From: v_cleary117@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 19:14:49 +0000 (UTC)

Hello world. I am connected again. I am sure some have wondered where I went.
Well, I have been in the hospital for two weeks. Just starting week 3. I came
in to severe bleeding from the wounds below the peristomal hernia that I have.
That is not why I am still here. Unfortunately the news is mixed. I have bee
diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I started in the uterus. In addition there are
two small spots in the lungs. Not growing fast in either place. I am not sure
what to thin k exactly, because I FEEL healthy, except for the hernia and the
pain that goes along with that. I have NO symptoms from the cancer. Currently
where I stand is staying at the hospital until the disability comes through.
That should be about 30 days. At that time I will be probably looking for some
sort of rehab place until I have regained enough strength to take care of
myself. One thing is I can't live at home until a) I am able to physically take
care of myself and b) get the power back on. According to the doctors here at
Redmond Hospital in Rome GA (that is where I am ) The best course of action
right now is nothing. The cancer started in the uterus. Removing it is even
more dangerous that the disease. Because my current health status is that I
feel pretty good they say that chemo is not a good idea either. That would
shorten my life and I would really feel like crap. So I am in a holding pattern
until the disability comes through and I can figure out a good living
situation. Meanwhile I have to get Charlie (my Sheltie ) into a safe place.

Ginger Cleary
Rome, GA