[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Heartgard Plus Warning!

  • From: Iza Kabuska <izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:11:52 -0500

That's a very sad story.  I hope the bitch will be ok.  I never trust
Heartgard or any of the "other monthly pills" to keep parasites in check.  I
feed all my dogs raw, but am not as crazy as some raw feeders are; some
breeders/owners actually believe feeding a raw diet makes their dogs much
healthier (that part I agree with), and resistent to parasites (don't
believe that part).  One lady I know in particular (she has Golden
Retrievers) NEVER worms puppies nor bitches, and tells me when she brings a
stool sample in for a check, it is always negative. (the worms weren't
laying eggs that day ???)  I think that is nutz.  All dogs have worms and
all puppies are born with worms.  Anyone that thinks differently has their
head in the sand !

Iza Kabuska
http://www.karizmashepherds.com