[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Heartbroken

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "stormy435@xxxxxxxxx" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 18:35:13 -0500

I sure would love to hear from a lot of you!
"Many hands make light work" and we all have equal vested interest in the
stakes at hand: we all have pets of some sort at the very least... You
want the right to keep them, yes? Reason enough to sign up for the GSDCA
legislation committee! (It's why I did! Pretty much my whole life
revolves around animals - what would I do without them?)
By your participation and spreading the truth about animal welfare, you
will be killing the hype the AROs promote, you will help to turn the GP
back to PB dog ownership as being "okay" and not feeling morally obligated
to take an adult dog from a shelter; the option to show or breed (omg the b
word LOL), to own as many animals as they please so long as they are
properly cared for, etc.
Perhaps by the GSD community coming together on this most important issue
(above all- if the AROs got their way there would be no GSDCA, no dog
shows, no AKC) it will help turn a positive light on the GSD show dog and
its breeders as being good caring people who are stewarding their breed
into tomorrow. Win-win-win for all who participate- and most importantly
our dogs!

Thank you for your time and looking forward to hearing from many of you
soon-

Jen P & her Pack
Your GSDCA legislation chair *still red eared about the title* thankful to
have Stormy to guide us!

On Monday, May 4, 2015, Stormy V. Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry about your old girl, Cindy.

With your dislike (I hate them!) of where the laws and ordinances are
going, you should contact Jen Proud and become part of the NEW GSDCA
Legislation Committee. Wherever you go, there are laws that are
encroaching on our right to own animals. We can’t just give up - We must
get proactive and get laws that encourage animal ownership. The tide IS
turning, however slowly it seems :-( but more hard workers are needed to
keep that tide going in the right direction!

That goes for everybody here. GSDCA FINALLY has the start of something
good. If you don’t like the animal laws and ordinances, don’t just say so,
Contact Jen Proud and be part of ‘doing” something about it.

Stormy Hope
GSDCA Legislative Liaison to AKC

On May 4, 2015, at 12:15 PM, Cindy Pickett (Redacted sender "
mcchp@xxxxxxxxx <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mcchp@xxxxxxxxx');>" for
DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

I usually lurk, several weeks ago I just put down my shepherd she was in
ill health at 13 1/2. She was the last shepherd I will own. I am retiring
in a few years moving down south plan on getting an apartment will,let
someone else take care of maintenance. Have a few cardigans and basenji
when they are gone no more dogs.
I believe one reason for the decline in showing is the local governments
telling you how many dogs you can own, and the mandatory laws for neutering
and spaying. Yes there are ways around but I believe people are tired of
the fight and hassle you have to go thru to be legal.

Cindy Pickett
South Bend,

Stormy V. Hope

JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911 Canine Consulting
Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!
www.jaydeesphs.com

Support the next generation's stewards in the sport of dogs... Donate to
the German Shepherd Dog Youth Recognition Fund!
www.dogshowjuniors.com