[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Health questions/ this List

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 16:29:52 -0600

It wasn't until after Ed had gone to the Vet with his guy, that I remembered
another leg problem - it is called, in general PANO and is actually - sp.?
PANOSTITIS
or something like that.  I DO know and told Ed that usually the down
pasterns are due to a selenium deficiency.  There is a special formula for
feeding for about a
month or two and very light exercising during the time.  Also, I know they
will also suggest wrapping the area and put some nasty tasting thingy there
so the dog
does not chew the wraps.  I just do not remember much about the pano as I do
not think I had it ever, but the down pasterns did show up in ONLY ONE DOG
in my 41 years of breeding.   It can't possibly be inherited since I do not
ever knowing of it being from one generation to the next or more than just
one pup in a
litter.  We are ALL DIFFERENT in what happens and the insides of these
particular ones just do not seem to be able to handle what their siblings or
parents do.
I rescued and boarded MANY and now you mention it, I do not ever know of
such leg problems in other breeds, tho there may be, in fact some stuff
worse too.
Oh, in your inquiry, I must say --- being a BITCH myself, not all bad things
come from them, a lot is from the STUD --- unless the bitch you are talking
about here
was bred to the same male 3 times, she isn't the real culprit, in my humble
opinion.  I think environment and the individual's reaction to things really
should COUNT!
Yes yes yes --- Da List IS Da Best!   Norma no L