[ SHOWGSD-L ] Health of the Breed

  • From: "Lindenhill German Shepherds" <Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:48:29 -0600

In excess of 40,000 german shepherds are registered every year. If you really
want to know how healthy the breed is perhaps we should encourage the PC with
the AKC's assistance to send a survey to all of the regestered GSD owners in
the last 20 years(800,000 - 1,000,000). Or if you wan to narrow down the scope,
only to GSD owners of dogs that would be older then say 8 and younger the
20.(which would be about 500,000 dog's)  A well developed survey could be very
beneficial to all.
Otherwise it's just our best guess, and I happen to think the glass is more
then half full.

;-)