[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Health care charges OT-to answer questions

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:46:18 EDT

In a message dated 7/28/2009 8:25:28 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
Scharo777@xxxxxxx writes:
Took her  to our local vet who is an excellent surgeon and he  fixed her
and  tacked her ($1500) then we had to take her to an emergency clinic  to
be
monitored till morning-10 PM to 6 AM - that cost   $1400.

Had a dog bloat last April while I was in Canada.    He was  staying with
friends and they called...had them rush him to a great vet in  Houston and
they did surgery immediately.  He was transferred to an emerg  clinic that
night, then went back to the vets in the AM.
I argued on the phone the price......they wanted to put the high end of
their estimate on my credit card....low 580   high end  840.    I refused to
allow that and gave them a ceiling of $550.  discussed everything they would
give him and treatments and you know  what   .... I got through to them.  He
was there for 11 hours and  final bill was $440.   Sometimes if you
challenge you can get the  point across.       One thing he did not need was
hourly BP monitoring and I told them that...amongst other things.
Maybe I was lucky....but I got them reasonable.
I argue with my own doctors too.....LOL
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1972
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life  Member CKC
**************Hot Deals at Dell on Popular Laptops perfect for Back to
School
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223106546x1201717234/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D8)