[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Health care charges OT-to answer questions

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:01:17 EDT

This has really brought home to me the huge problem in our country.
Hospitals & doctors have jacked up prices so much that anyone without
insurance
cannot afford health care, while giving kickbacks to insurance  companies.
Since Bob was a State Farm agent for 30 years, we have always  had excellent
coverage, even after he retired, but we paid thousands for it.  But my kids
and grand kids have no insurance.  I shutter to think  what could happen to
my daughter if she had a health crisis as I have in the  past.  Do people
just die??? I have never been a believer in socialized  medicine, but it
seems apparent that changes must come, someway, somehow.
$81,000.oo for a 4 hour procedure is off the wall.  And yes to those  who
asked, Medicare only deducted $786.00.  They paid , all the different  papers
say, $78,788.40.  Our insurance picked up the rest.
So the next time you dog has a $2000.00 surgery for torsion, thank your
lucky stars that that is not sky high also.  With the advent of pet
insurance, vet bills could be going up too.
Carol

In a message dated 7/27/2009 10:20:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I will  ask you all now as my friends to change the subject. I lost my job
and  subsequently my health insurance and if I get hurt you are right......I
am  going to go to the hospital and get treated with NO insurance. The
difference  is I pay the bill when I can. I do not act like it does not exist.
So please  do not put everyone with no health insurance in the same category
and this is  all I am going to say on the matter.
Amy Greenhut
Justrock German  Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises &  Tortoise Rescue
Behold  The Turtle,  He Makes Progress Only When He Sticks His Neck Out
A  Quote By James B. Conant