[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Health care charges OT

  • From: Kleinkauf2@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:38:26 +0000

Many years ago I had Pet insurance and for all practical purposes it was
worthless. Then there was only one company. There might be one or two more
now so it might be worth it, if folks can get them to pay for the correct
problem. In the past the agents didn't seem to know that a dog could get
sick for more than one illness.
On the 2-legged side, the maintenance man around here was burned in a
BBQ-ing accident. He has no insurance, and though ambulance services and ER
services were provided, and is currently being treated through the UCSD
Burn center, he is stuck with over $4000 in bills (and they aren't all in
yet). His part time employment won't begin to cover his bills. Otherwise he
and his wife virtually live on the street. All they can do is pay a few
bucks a month. Whereas they were told if they had come from across the
border, and were basically illegal, his care would be free.

Carolyn Putnam