[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Heads Up - misunderstanding

  • From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 17:26:50 -0800

..again, Carolyn says it just right!  But what can you expect from the breeder
of two
Grand Victors and a Grand Victrix, all within a short period of time.
Bravo, Carolyn
Helen Franklin
    From: grnram415@xxxxxxx To: helen@xxxxxxxxxxx ; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Cc:
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Heads Up - misunderstanding

    I know people complain about crooked judges and exhibitors.? I am not naive
enough to think that does not happen.? It does and I have the sour grapes to
prove it.? On the other hand, I have also shown under some awesome judges.?
Judges who know what they like and are consistent in their judging.? Even if I
don't have the dog they like, I will know better what to show to him/her the
next time as they have shown they are consistent.? And, when I do have a dog
they like and silly me gets in the ring with him/her, they don't look at me,
they look at my dog.? As for the futurity system, I have again had the same
experience.??There are judges I would show under and some I won't based on what
I feel they like and their ring procedure.? Young dogs are silly and
unpredictable.? Some judges handle them well and others don't.? My concern at
that stage is that my dog gets a good experience in the show ring.? I have
become more selective in my showing as I don't have the money to waste in
      entering every single local show, specialty or AB.??My feeling is this,
do your homework.? Know your judges, know what they like and know how they
operate.? Doesn't take a brain surgeon to see the political judges who?only put
up certain handlers or dogs owned by certain owners.? If you think they
don't?know the?dogs or owners or handlers, you are fooling yourself.??There are
some great Judges out there.? Let's give them our entries and let the?political
ones?get by with their paltry entries.? Who are these great Judges?? Well, do
your homework.? Watch the judging and who they put up.??If the style/quality of
the dog is consistent, regardless of who is on that dog, then you are looking
at a judge that knows what they like.? If the Judge puts up every dog from a
certain handler, regardless of the?quality of the animal, well that judge is
not in my book.
    I don't know?how this subject line?came to this but it is good food for
thought.
    Laura Thomas?????????