[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Head Pieces 2008 US National

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD0110@xxxxxxx, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:34:17 -0800

Oops sorry my PC sent the email before I asked it to...lol
Gary,
As usual your "soapbox" is right on the money.
Lack of secondary sex characteristics is glaring.
Males that look like bitches, bitches that resemble dogs .  (maybe great for
a brood bitch, but still you don't want them masculine)
Lack of correct movement.   Rumbling over the loin and croup, because the
too steep croups with the faulty rears have to transmit all that "movement"
somewhere.  Yep, lot of movement there...all in the wrong places.  Watch the
Nationals tapes along that white wall and ask why is there so much movement
along the back, loin and croup?  It is not supposed to do that.

Gary, people are ALREADY ASKING  "Where's the Movement?"   Some are plush
and pretty and look great at ONE speed.  FAST.   The real movers were
evident under Helen Gleason, because the ones that look good only going
fast...fell apart.
We were at a specialty over the summer and out here, it is not even can't
move, but plushy pretty....the dogs we saw were ugly, poorly  constructed,
faulty in the rears, and couldn't move, with poor secondary sex
characteristics.
At one point we had to laugh , because it was almost funny.  Now we
(collectively speaking) have not only lost movement and correct structure
and pigment, now they are ugly too?   Unreal.
The plushy pretty ones that go flying around the ring, are not really
fooling anyone.  Nor are the dyed ones that we saw, and many got the gate at
the Nationals.   They are only fooling themselves.

THIS IS A MOVING BREED....we have lost that in many instances, pervasively
in some areas and in some lines.
We are now seeing quick steppers, strung up, or hauling butt around a ring,
because with the short croups , long hocks and poor backs they come apart
when gaited in a controlled manner.
We are seeing the "flavor of the day" breedings give the fancy a lot of
nothing.  We are seeing dogs linebred on animals that several years ago NONE
of us would have owned. Dogs that couldn't move, that were faulty in
conformation, pigment and ratios.    It is amazing that people have
forgotten that. Or choose not to remember where many of these faults have
come from...conveniently.

At this point a large majority of our breed is being out -gaited by
Pointers, Poodles and Terriers.  Congratulations...what a proud day.    Ick.

http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Updated: Oct 20, 2008 ~ HOME OF::
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING