[ SHOWGSD-L ] Having the Sweet Cake......

  • From: "Jane Kerner" <jkerner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:47:37 -0500

....and eating it too.

Hey........ Fred and Evan and everyone.........maybe there *is* a win/win
opportunity for the German Shepherd Dog !!

 You need to know that sometimes my sainted Irish granny was wrong !!!

She always told me:

"You can't have your cake and eat it too."

It seems that sometimes,  maybe, you can.

Some mighty fine people are running to serve as officers and board members of
the German Shepherd Dog Club of America.

Choices are simple when they are choices between obvious good and obvious bad.

Choices become much more difficult when the choices are between......

Very,very Good.....

*and*

 Very,very Good......

Now what ?  What to do ?

There are some exceptionally good folks running in opposition to each other.

That's when choosing how to cast a vote becomes very difficult.

Because a voter needs to weigh the merits of each of the candidates........
And then put the check mark in front of only one name.

But wait a minute !!

What if we can have the best of both worlds and/or "have our cake and eat it
too" ???

What if one of the candidates will *still*  be present on the Board of
Directors even if he/she does not succeed in the race for an Officer position ?

What if one of the candidates has another year to serve on the Board no matter
what ???

Does that mean we could still get the two people we need in service for the
Parent club ??

.........One of them could still be present serving as a Board member because
their term is not up with this election ??

Wowser.......

Two Sweet Cakes !!