[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Have you met Travis Hower

  • From: SARAVAGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 13:42:10 EDT

Vicki Burkey and I have had the pleasure and joy of watching Travis Hower
grow up through the last few years; he is an absolutely wonderful young man
to  have at your side.  He has stayed in our Motor Home at shows and we have
 had so many laughs.  We knew he would mature into becoming another "great"
 and we love him to pieces.  He always has a smile and a hug and obviously
loves the dogs....I am so happy to hear he is following in Grandpa's
footsteps...we send him our love :-)

Pat  Lukos
SARAVA German Shepherds
_www.saravagsd.com_ (http://www.saravagsd.com/)
Weeping Willow 2nd  Chance German Shepherd Sanctuary
_http://weepingwillowgsdsanctuary.com/_
(http://weepingwillowgsdsanctuary.com/)

In a message dated 7/25/2010 1:08:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Have you  met Terry Hower's grandson Travis?  I had the pleasure of meeting
this
young man at the Duluth, MN shows last weekend.  Travis has just  turned 18
and will be starting his senior year of high school.   He grew up working
with
Terry and was assisting Kent in Duluth.  At a  time when we talk about so
many of
us getting older, and wondering where  the young folks are, it is a special
pleasure to meet someone like  Travis!  For three days, I watched him run
to and
fro with dogs and  leashes.  He fit right in with clients, and everyone
remarked
how  much they liked him.  On Sunday, I got a closer look at Travis'
potential.
Kent and Liz both tried, unsuccessfully, to stack my  unruly 4 mo puppy
Karla.
She just wasn't having any of  that!  Then Travis asked to try.  He walked
her
five steps and  stacked her.  No problem.  You know that look you see
sometimes
when the handler and the dog make eye contact for a second that
communicates
something like, 'I love you and I trust you'?  That's  the way Travis
communicated with the dogs.  I sure am looking forward  to seeing him come
along
in our breed!  What a breath of fresh  air!

Zoa

Dr. Zoa  Rockenstein
www.riverrockshepherds.com
Home of: Ch. RiverRock's Hotel  California (Callie), RiverRock's Straight
From
The Heart  (Sera),
RiverRock's Karlotta v. Kenlyn (Karla), and RiverRock's Heart of  the
Matter
(Luke)
POST  is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

For assistance,  please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org