[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Have some faith

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 00:42:10 +0000

From: bedkar@xxxxxxx: elg440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: RE: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Have some
faithDate: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 00:10:28 +0000

If dying and drugging is so "obvious", why do people breed to these same
animals....just because they have a "title"????? What happened to studying
pedigrees, asking questions, and matching your bitch with a dog thatcompliments
her...regardless of titles.  How about learning how to examine an animal (fur
and all)and judging for your self it he best fits into your breeding plans.  If
an owner  and/or handler won'tlet you examine a dog, let that be a red flag
that all is not right. A judge offers you his/her opinion on a certain
day.......the rest should be up to the breeder.If a newbie is trying to make
the decision, then they should be working with a experienced,accomplished
breeder who can help them learn the things they need to know. -Kay Reamensnyder
and Betty Doerpinghaus -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds -bedkar@xxxxx -Visit
our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com > From: ELG440@xxxxxxx> Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008
19:51:33 -0400> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Have some faith> To:
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > How about road working a dog that would be loose
ligimented without it? How > about training a dog to run steady who would run
all over the place without > training? How about slowing down a dog going away,
who would be no longer > clean if they were run full out? What about training a
dog to stack and then > bring up his ears with a whistle, when he would let
them droop, without > assistance? What about running the dog outside the ring,
so they are calm in the > ring for the class? Where is the line to be drawn?> >
There are many things we do to improve the performance, and drugs are such a >
small part of the dog, that I don't see it as a problem.> > I don't remember
giving my dogs any drugs other than to help their health. > I do remember
finding food with the proper combination to improve muscle or > attitude. That
too is a drug.> > Have faith in the quality of the breeders. We won't breed to
a dyed dog even > if he is Grand Victor. We won't breed to a dog that was
drugged to show > better. And, we won't breed to a dog because of his title.> >
The breed is so much improved in temperament. It has improved in type. It > has
improved in movement. I see no need to more rules, unless you want a breed >
warden. It is all up to the breeders, and the judges who decide what to >
allow.> > Evan > Asgard German Shepherds > http://www.asgardgsd.com/> Where
Type Movement and Temperament come together > > > > In a message dated
10/5/2008 11:41:03 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, > rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:> >
And yes if you insist on showing a dog that would> be limping w/o painkillers
to mask it, for whatever reason...that is> fraudulent.> > > > > >
**************New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. >
Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out! >
(http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000001)> > >
POST is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org> NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>