[ SHOWGSD-L ] Have a rather interesting photo of Micheal Vick....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:19:34 -0700 (PDT)

I was forwarded a photo of Micheal Vick and his female companion...in the
picture he has an illegal substance in one hand and is flashing gang symbols
with the other. Nice guy.
  Also, I want to let everyone know that Murphy (the GSD whose dad musta been
the postman) is safe at Kristis! While he is definitely NOT a purebred GSD, he
is however been dubbed "the sweetest dog ever" by everyone who came in contact
with him...lets hope Kristi can work her magic and find this waif a forever
home!! Updates will follow as he finds his "comfort zone"..
  For those of you who have a strong stomach, I have a video entitled
"Gypsy"...This poor sweet soul was found on the roadside; a victim of the dog
fight trade. Her journey was beyond comprehension. This video should be played
in the courtroom during the trial of Mr. Vick....even better, it should be
viewed by the entire television audience. The level of ignorance by much of the
population regarding dog fighting is appalling. It is mans inhumanity to animal
at its highest form, and for us as a nation to stand by and not AGGRESSIVELY
pursue, arrest, convict and incarcerate the people who perpetuate this
nightmare is an insult to this country.
I think Wanda said it best when she said "If you put a football uniform on a
thug, hes still a thug".....
  We are currently working on Rocko; who Connie has liberated. He has safe
haven at Kristis as well and IS IN FACT a PUREBRED GSD! VBG...A transport run
sheet has been assembled for him. Anyone interested in volunteering for a leg,
please contact either myself or Connie at vallesaladogsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
There is also a WGSD who is languishing in a Georgia facility....he is VERY
young...under two and a spectacular looking boy tho he is covered in mange. We
will get him HW tested today and then contact Echo WGSD rescue for this dog.
  There will be updates throughout the week, and we are still looking for
volunteers to assist us! I have found another "assist to rescue" group in BeBe
Arkansas and will be in touch with them to find out how they are
structured...always looking for input and ideas! They are an all breed group,
but the idea is the same.
  Thanks for your time, your donations, your commitment to making these dogs
lives better...one dog at a time!!!!
Dawn Restuccia

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas