[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Has anyone seen this German Dog?

  • From: "Rachel Anderson" <gsdk9rat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 10:51:58 -0500

  ----- Original Messages -----
  1."Has anyone seen this German Dog?"

  2. "Why would any one want to give up a
  BEAUTIFUL TOP MALE FOR SALE(stand) ?Do they not love him ?for these folks is
  this dog just dollars and cents?I am thinking if I had a top male at stand.I
  would hang on to him."

  As for why sell a top dog? Money.

  This is not a top dog. (he's a germ shep and loveable, I'm sure, but the
following is my clinical evaluation if I were thinking of importing him for
myself)
  He is only an IPO1, the minimum work title in order to show, very unusual for
a male his age. He has a KKL 2 breed survey, which is "suitable for breeding"
while KKL1 is "recommended for breeding"; His hips are "a3" noch zugelassen,
the barely passing rating. He has no progeny of any note that I can find.

  He has in shows gone: 2xsg1, 1xsg3, but it does not say if those were in
adult or youth classes, Sieger show or regional or local shows.
  In a Sieger youth class, SG1 would be the youth sieger, since that is the
highest rating you can get under 24 months, and would be an impressive win. In
an adult local show, it would mean he was the best of the "very good" rated
dogs, but behind all the V "excellent" rated dogs. In the Sieger adult class,
he would be behind the VA "Excellent Select" and the V "Excellent" dogs, and
would be the best of the "very good" dogs. In a normal sieger show, that would
mean a ranking of about 150th.
  Since it is not stated what show he earned the SG-1, it is more probable that
it was small, local show, because it is a big deal to get SG-1 in the larger
shows if you are under 24 months..

  Also, this dog has a definite roach, plus a "hinge" in his back, and that
awful dip in the croup just before the base of the tail, plus a few other
things I don't like. He is a very typical, modern German show type dog with
enough faults to put him into KKL2. He is also almost 4, with only an IPO1 and
no progeny of record, but someone will buy him.

  Here's his 7 generation pedigree.(below) In my biassed opinion, the sire line
has many current favorite showlines, but has some pretty weak dogs, the bitch
line some of the finest, strongest dual lines.

  http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/7/406350.html

  Rachel & the Ark
  http://segensreich.homestead.com
  http://www.workingdog.org
  Home of V1 Randy SchH3, IPO3, TC; DDR Ingo, SchH2; V Ambra KNPV-PH1, KKL1-a;
Emmy SchH1; Nancy, IPO1; Bondi, CS, ZVV1, CGC; Cegen, OFA Excellent, SAR
Tracking K9,  CGC, TC, HIC; ,Apollos, SAR Airscent K-9, CGC, HIC; Nick, TC;