[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hardest Thing to Learn

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:19:10 EDT

Too many years ago a very smart exhibitor told me that one of the hardest
things for any exhibitor to learn was "when NOT" to show you dog."  I have
found that to be very true.  One  must always remember that your dog  is
being judged not only by the judge in the ring, but by most of the exhibitors
and sometimes by judges in other rings or just passing by.
1.  Never show your dog if it is not at its best - people can get a
picture of the dog looking bad that sticks with them.

2.  Never show your when it is not prepared or ready:  i.e. in  show
condition and at least somewhat trained

3.  Most important, never show you dog when you husband looks at her  and
says, even though I love her movement, she is so ugly today that I could not
put her up.  Hair will come back.  VERY BIG GRIN!
Carol
**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.