[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hard to believe!!!!!

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:29:25 -0800 (PST)

perception is just as important as reality .........Cyndy my dear...perception
IS reality...almost everything we do or don't do is based on our
perception...and there is a lot of negative perception in the sport of
"showing" dogs...if AKC changed a few rules I believe some of the negative
perceptions would lessen a little...but deep down inside I don't think most
folks really want change......Ed Hill
Cyndy <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   DD,
I agree with your last statement. When things go wrong, some people have a
tendency to blame everyone else but... :)
I think there is fixing that goes on, or maybe just perceived, but as I have
learned the hard way, perception is just as important as reality in most
cases. One show at the break, the 12-18 dog's owner told the judge his dog
needed one more win to finish. The judge finished the dog that day with a
major. I am not saying this dog was not worthy, that is, after all, the
judge's opinion. Maybe judges need to be more aware of the perception they
create.

Owners are equally at fault. A friend of mine who is a judge (not GSDs!)
gets very popular in the weeks prior to her judging assignments. People
calling to breed to her dog, people asking her opinion on this or that
animal.
It's quite humorous and we get a good laugh out of it because she is NOT one
to be swayed. Ha-ha!
Cyndy