[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hard to believe!!!!!

  • From: "D.D. and Bonnie Ardoin" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 07:06:12 -0600

In a recent post to the List, dlauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx writes "I have also shown
in specialty rings where I have personally overheard judges talking to
handlers and the `Fix` is in."  My question to her is "Did you actually hear
them `Fix` the show in so many words?????  Or were the judge and the handler
just talking????
Having been in this sport for 40 years and having made many friends, I often
talk to the exhibitors who show under me.  We are not fixing the show but
are usually talking about other things not pertaining to the animal they are
showing under me unless it is instructions as how to better show the animal
so that I can judge the dog properly.  I have a hard time believing the
judge and handler would `Fix` the show in the ring where another handler or
spectator could overhear them.  I am not doubting that a show might be fixed
ahead of time but I have a hard time believing anyone is stupid enough to do
it while in the ring.  I personally think that`Fixing` shows occurs very
rarely and the judge involved soon has very few assignments.  I think the
perception of fixing shows is greater than the actual occurrence.  When you
don`t win, it is easier to say `Fix` than to admit a better dog won or that
the judge was incompetent. I think both occur frequently. That`s my story
and I`m sticking to it!    D.D.