[ SHOWGSD-L ] Happy Thanksgiving from LHSH!!!!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 05:08:57 -0800 (PST)

We at Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc. wish you and yours a wonderfully peaceful
Thanksgiving!
  It will be an especially wonderful Thanksgiving for one 9 week old Sable
puppy who was delivered out of harm yesterday at the Murray County Shelter in
Chatsworth Georgia! This baby came in SEVER LY underweight; party hat ears and
all...full of kisses and wags! He has a commitment of rescue in NH at Lilac
Grove Farm, where Deb Allen will continue his recovery and eventually find him
a good home in the northeast. Thank you Ginger for pulling this baby at the
last minute! The shelters typically euthanize everything right before the
holidays so that the staff does not have to come in to feed...
 The two in Scioto Pound in Ohio have a commitment from LHSH if there is no one
else who steps up to adopt. This is a GORGEOUS brother and sister
pair...approximately 1 year old or less and THIS shelter extended their stay
until this coming Tuesday,
Virginia and Vance who were in an Ohio shelter are on their way to Nancy
Campbell's rescue for rehab and evaluation....we are hoping that they are not
"too far gone" mentally to be rehomed.
 You all remember Thor....the dog chained to the wall for 2 years? He is slowly
gaining weight at Cila Hermans rescue, Shepherds To Love, in Baltimore Maryland
and is now able to bear weight on the leg we feared had damage.
  We are currently working on a very young sable pup (by the picture, he is
probably under a year) who appears to have a broken front limb. This facility
is denying this poor animal medical care, and LHSH has been negotiating for his
release to a vet clinic for treatment. This is the Stark County Pound in Ohio
and they are refusing to allow us to even provide treatment and RETURN the
dog...Those of you in Ohio, PLEASE write to your congressmen to demand change!
This is animal cruelty...nothing less. We recently had a similar incident at
Trumbull County Pound in Ohio with the end result being the death of the GSD by
an uncaring staff....there seems to be a general apathy with regard to the
animals welfare in this shelter system.
 A foster home is still needed in Georgia for one of the dogs that was recently
pulled by Denise! Can ANYONE help in this? If so, PLEASE contact Denise
directly!!!
 If you live in the NH area, please consider helping LHSH help Lilac Grove with
their newest project! They are willing to take dogs to the state if we can find
people who can assist with putting up kennels, leveling grounds, etc. NH has a
VERY high rate of adoption and this is a phenomenal offer!
 Again....
We at LHSH thank everyone for their continued support of these precious souls.
Please remember them as you sit down for your meal this Thanksgiving day...keep
them close in your thoughts...and for all those that crossed over yesterday;
both our own beloved companions and the unwanted pup who the shelter staff had
named "Nuthin" in the Spalding County Dog pound...."Run free sweet ones...till
we meet again"...
Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Lasthopesafehaven.com

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.