[ SHOWGSD-L ] Happiness is Not funny...my 3 cents

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:53:32 -0700 (PDT)

    Things that are funny can make you happy, but happiness is not funny....I
believe truly funny people are perhaps less happy than everyone else for
whatever reason....we have talked about List rule-breaking and folks getting
tossed off the list....Frank Tate, and the Tank brothers among others...I feel
sort of guilty because no one breaks the rule of off-topic posts more than I
do...and although I have been warned at different times, by different
administrators, I have never been banned, perhaps I should have...I think my
role on this list is pretty clear and for the most part the Admin has allowed
me the courtesy to stretch the rules.....I don't know the facts about the 3
folks removed this week, however I enjoy Gary S. and Patty very much, and for
reasons that have nothing to do with dogs...as for Margery...her positions in
the Club and on this list have come under attack......ask yourself what would
you do if you were under attack and you believed it was an unjust
 attack...I know what I'd do!...as for folks quiting the list..well......the
list will go on...as for folks quiting the GSDCA, and I have considered this
myself....that's a far bigger problem...the list gets crazy around election
time, perhaps it's too close to Halloween....I ran for the Board two years ago
and I thought the list was bad then, but this year things really got
crazy...before I finished my teaching credential and started this new career,
my therapist told me that unless I got my "ego" under control I would face the
same problems in teaching that I had as a parole officer...she was
right............all this will pass...Ed Hill