[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Happened at an All Breed show

  • From: Linda <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "stormy435@xxxxxxxxx" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>, showgsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 00:52:18 -0400

If spectators were given guidelines when they entered a show building about the
proper etiquette, I'd say let them in.  But most of them just get in the way by
standing around clogging up the aisles.  They could be given a printed set of
rules that AKC could print up for show giving clubs.  Such rules could be:  no
baby strollers; do not bring your own dog; do not ask to pet a dog before it
goes into the ring; do not block aisles as handlers at times need to rush from
ring to ring, etc., etc., etc.  A lot of breeders are very busy and do not have
time to chat with spectators.  Some are nice and take the time, but it should
always be after they are finished showing.

Spectators also do not pay exorbitant entry fees and handler fees to show dogs.
 I don't think they have a leg to stand on in the complaint department.  The
shows are held for the exhibitors and they should be given priority over
spectators.

And that is my opinion on the matter!
Linda Hendrix
Goose Creek, SC