[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hansard is up for March 1

  • From: "Karen" <kmorrill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 01:00:59 -0500

For those who enquired!
Karen

Scroll down and see who voted!   Look for your own MPP.  Then act
accordingly.

Thanks!

http://ontla.on.ca/hansard/house_debates/38_parl/Session1/L113A.htm

*DEFERRED VOTES*

PUBLIC SAFETY RELATED TO DOGS
STATUTE LAW AMENDMENT ACT, 2005 /
LOI DE 2005 MODIFIANT DES LOIS
EN CE QUI CONCERNE LA SÉCURITÉ
PUBLIQUE RELATIVE AUX CHIENS

Deferred vote on the motion for third reading of Bill 132, An Act to
amend the Dog Owners' Liability Act to increase public safety in
relation to dogs, including pit bulls, and to make related amendments to
the Animals for Research Act / Projet de loi 132, Loi modifiant la Loi
sur la responsabilité des propriétaires de chiens pour accroître la
sécurité publique relativement aux chiens, y compris les pit-bulls, et
apportant des modifications connexes à la Loi sur les animaux destinés à
la recherche.

*The Speaker (Hon. Alvin Curling):* Call in the members. This will be a
five-minute bell.

/The division bells rang from 1511 to 1516./

*The Speaker:* All those in favour, please rise one at a time and be
recognized by the Clerk.

*Ayes*

Arthurs, Wayne

Bartolucci, Rick

Bentley, Christopher

Berardinetti, Lorenzo

Bountrogianni, Marie

Bradley, James J.

Broten, Laurel C.

Brown, Michael A.

Bryant, Michael

Cansfield, Donna H.

Caplan, David

Chambers, Mary Anne V.

Cordiano, Joseph

Crozier, Bruce

Delaney, Bob

Dhillon, Vic

Dombrowsky, Leona

Duguid, Brad

Duncan, Dwight

Fonseca, Peter

Gerretsen, John

Gravelle, Michael

Hoy, Pat

Jeffrey, Linda

Kular, Kuldip

Lalonde, Jean-Marc

Leal, Jeff

Levac, Dave

Marsales, Judy

Matthews, Deborah

Mauro, Bill

McGuinty, Dalton

McNeely, Phil

Meilleur, Madeleine

Milloy, John

Orazietti, David

Parsons, Ernie

Peters, Steve

Phillips, Gerry

Pupatello, Sandra

Qaadri, Shafiq

Racco, Mario G.

Ramal, Khalil

Rinaldi, Lou

Sergio, Mario

Smith, Monique

Smitherman, George

Sorbara, Gregory S.

Sterling, Norman W.

Takhar, Harinder S.

Tascona, Joseph N.

Van Bommel, Maria

Watson, Jim

Wong, Tony C.

Wynne, Kathleen O.

Zimmer, David

*The Speaker:* All those opposed, please rise one at a time and be
recognized by the Clerk.

*Nays*

Arnott, Ted

Baird, John R.

Barrett, Toby

Bisson, Gilles

Dunlop, Garfield

Flaherty, Jim

Hampton, Howard

Hardeman, Ernie

Horwath, Andrea

Klees, Frank

Kormos, Peter

Marchese, Rosario

Martel, Shelley

Miller, Norm

Munro, Julia

Murdoch, Bill

O'Toole, John

Prue, Michael

Runciman, Robert W.

Scott, Laurie

Wilson, Jim

Witmer, Elizabeth

Yakabuski, John

*Mr. Joseph N. Tascona (Barrie-Simcoe-Bradford):* On a point of order,
Mr. Speaker: I was voting against the bill.

*The Speaker:* You cannot have a point of order. We are just having a
count of the votes.

*The Clerk of the Assembly (Mr. Claude L. DesRosiers):* The ayes are 56;
the nays are 23.

*The Speaker:* I declare the motion carried.

Be it resolved that the bill do now pass and be entitled as in the motion.

*Mr. John R. Baird (Nepean-Carleton):* On a point of order, Mr. Speaker --

/Interjections./

*The Speaker:* Order. I'd like to hear the point of order from the
member from Nepean-Carleton.

*Mr. Baird:* You will know, as an experienced parliamentarian, that
sometimes for the best of us there is a bit of confusion. I would ask
for unanimous consent that the member for Barrie-Simcoe-Bradford's vote
reflect his opposition to the bill and be put in as a "nay."

/Interjections./

*The Speaker:* Order. Do we have unanimous consent? I'm hearing a no on
this.