[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Handlers Judging Futurities/Maturities

  • From: "HessenGSD" <Peg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Jeff Pyle'" <windfallgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 11:38:56 -0700

Good points. The difference being that Futurities/Maturities are essentially
part of the same show--the Regionals being the Preliminaries and the National
being the Finals.

I agree that there is no way of totally eliminating any perception of conflict
of interest in showing dogs.

But apparently, the decision has already been made. I'm just saying that this
may have been one of the considerations by the BOD. If so, they might consider
allowing Handers who aren't showing in the Futurities/Maturities that year to
judge --particularly if the Handlers are wanting to make the transition to
being Judges.

Peg Graham - http://HessenGSD.com
"May I always be the kind of person my dogs think I am."