[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Handlers, Futurities and shows in general

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <GEschette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:38:55 -0800

I think as Breeder/ Exhibitor/ owners see more judges put up JUST THE
DOG.....they
will be more willing to use a "no name"  handler and that will ONLY be healthy
for the
Breed!!!   That will bring out more hopeful exhibitors and handlers and the
DOGS will
win on quality... and we will have to breed better dogs.....<G>....not win with
an
"illusion".
We just put the second major on a dog last weekend with a young handler that
quit for
a while because NO ONE will utilize her skills.    She is excellent with the
dogs!!
When we talk about the future or failure of the Futurities......this IS part of
the
problem.
Everyone refers to them as "a MATCH".....while scrambling to pay exorbitant
fees for
"the right handler" .....simply because they do not trust the Judges to see
beyond
that.
Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx

From: <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> There are so many new handlers out there that are so talented.> They
> listen... they
> learn...
 they are respectful.... and even if they do not attain what they want on that
day...
maybe
 they do not have the best dog in that class... they understand.> Then we have
the
established handlers "the names" they think they should win.