[ SHOWGSD-L ] Handlers

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:51:42 -0700

Pro or no???
Handlers have a special talent. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.
It is that talent and their ability to use it that maintains a need for their
services.

There are some folks that can handle their own dogs very well and are very
successful. That said...the number of such folks is the exception rather than
the rule. I know that for a fact as I once showed my own dog in the Bred By
class under none other than the noted Judge and Lister...Fred Migliore. He was
very professional and kept from laughing out loud while I attempted to show
this dog. And while I had done some pretty good things handling...I could no
way compete with the pro's who were also in the ring.

A mediocre handler such as myself, can take a great dog and make it look
mediocre. A professional handler can take a mediocre dog and make it look good.
You can't win points unless you get into Winners.

I do what's best for the dog.

Paul

Visit Rivendell on 'da web' at www.rivendellgsd.com