[ SHOWGSD-L ] Half a glass is better than none

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:58:49 EST

In a message dated 12/23/04 8:21:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Gsdman2@xxxxxxx writes:
I  find the suggestion that our bloodlines are "tired" to be insulting, and I
am  still waiting to hear any sensible argument to support that  accusation.

I find great merit in what Tom says.

It seems that those who are showing with some success feel the breed is
doing well. Those who have given up on the show ring, for whatever reason, tend

to believe they have given up due to the terrible condition of our breed.
There are many, who have left the active end of the sport for personal reasons,

and they tend to see it both ways, some thinking the breed has gone to hell,
and  some thinking things are still improving.

Everyone brings a unique perspective to this sport.  Most every  position can
be supported by examples, but the fact that the breed continues on  says
something about the health of our animals. If they are so sickly and  deformed
as
some claim, the breed would have died out years ago.

We do need to allow everyone their opinions, but we do not have to agree
with anyone. What you decide for yourself will direct you as to how you
approach
this in the future, and will dictate how you enjoy or suffer the future of
our  breed.

When I decide the breed is ruined, or I feel that there are no good dogs
left, that is when I hope to find something else to occupy my mind and time,
and
move on to something more interesting.  I would not want to find myself
complaining about the decline in quality and expect those enjoying the sport to

agree with me.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together