[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: HUNTE voters, ump-teenth time

  • From: Ruth Hartridge <rhartrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 06:07:11 -0700 (PDT)

OH BTW/ A tidbit of Information , YOU all Might be interested to know that the
Local Petland IN CARTERSVILLE , GA. WAS CLOSED AND IS BOARDED UP !!!!!!!!I can
only hope that more are I know that here there was a News cast about them and
there were diseased animals found at something like 126 Petlands around the US
. A while back I know we had a lot here !Date: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 7:48
AM

Diane, we paid those fees to end it.  I call that a  "settlement".  It cost
the club a good bit of money.  Call it a  settlement, call it an
expenditure, call it whatever you wish.  There was a  negotiation between our
attorney
(who we paid), their attorney (who we  paid).  I call that a settlement,
but call it...whatever.

We paid money, it went away.  There was another part of the  "settlement".
Do you remember the apology published in the  Review????

I agree with you, the vote WAS re membership.  What you don't seem
understand was that the underlying issue and why some "yes" members voted the
way
they did was the legitimate question "did the application for
membership/bylaws give those who wanted to vote "no" a leg to stand  on?"

You've seen others point out that there was legal opinion on BOTH sides,
Mary Tripp even brought up the law the other day.

Do you remember that board members were advised to go out and get umbrella
insurance for their own PERSONAL protection???  Surely you don't thing that
was just for fun do you?????

That leaves the unsettled business re the membership
application/bylaws/codes etc. REMEMBER, NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Tish and others
worked on changing
things and it was voted down by the membership.  Was  that two years ago
Tish?  Jamie has worked hard on the revision of the  breeders' code and that
effort had fallen flat too.  You'd have to ask  Jamie what meetings she
presented the ideas to the board, and I'm sure its in  the minutes.

Personally, I don't consider myself a one issue voter.  I spoke w/ two
friends who are pretty far up on the legal food chain when this all went down,
and based on our conversations, had I been in a position to vote, BECAUSE
THERE WERE SOLID ARGUMENTS TO BE MADE ON BOTH SIDES, I would have voted
"yes"  too.  Not only for the good of the club, but I have a lot to lose and
I'll  be damned if I'd risk it for a dog club. Faith, family...yes...dog
club...no. In fact, the argument can be made that those who voted their
conscience put the club at risk.  Thank God it didn't get that far.

This isn't a pissing match; I just won't let revisionist history go
uncorrected.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd  Champions

In a message dated 8/18/2009 4:46:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Kmgraphic2
writes:

i will not get into a pissing match with you, kathy, or anyone  else.  the
subject was the vote - the vote was not for a by-laws change  but a vote on
a prospective member.  i did not bring up nor did i respond  to "attorney's
fees and associated transportation costs" - the INNUENDO of  "settlement" in
your original post was extremely misleading.  there was  NO financial
settlement.
diane
Diane Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com ;

In a message dated 8/18/2009 6:14:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:

So you  are saying we didn't pay their side's attorney's fees and
associated
transportation costs????  Sure of  that?????

_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?scf8072&hmpgID5&bcd
=JulystepsfooterNO115)