[ SHOWGSD-L ] HUBS--yes, SLC is...

  • From: RckyIizard@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:34:03 EST

I'm sorry we got missed by Nancy or whoever did the list of main airports,
but I assure you we qualify, and those thousands of athletes who were here for
the winter games were NOT taking puddle jumpers from major airports...we ARE a
major airport.
From the Salt Lake International Airport Website at
http://www.slcairport.com/73.asp

AeroMexico, America West, America West Express, American, Atlantic Southeast,
Comair, Continental, Continental Express, Delta, Frontier, jetBlue,
Northwest, Northwest Airlink, Salmon Air, SkyWest, Southwest, United Express
and United
Airlines operate 772 scheduled daily flights from Salt Lake City
International Airport.

It is Delta Air Lines' third largest hub. Delta operates 95 scheduled daily
departures and its commuter partner, SkyWest Airlines, operates 197 scheduled
daily departures.

Serving 18.5 million passengers in 2003, the facility is ranked 25th busiest
in the nation and 47th busiest in the world.

The airport is situated within a two and a half-hour flight from half of the
nation's population.

Currently, nonstop service is offered to 70 cities.

Over 75,000 daily airplane seats are available through SLC.

I hope this clarifies some misconceptions.

Liz in Utah

Visit my website at http://hometown.aol.com/rckyiizard/index.html