[ SHOWGSD-L ] HSUS buys vehicle with forensic equipment for D.C. Area

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 08:22:55 -0700

Oh, My.  These people need to be shut down!

check out http://www.humanewatch.org!
Stormy

http://www.humanesociety.org/news/press_releases/2010/04/crime_investigation_vehicle_042810.html

The HSUS Unveils Iowa-built Mobile Animal Crimes Investigation Lab
Animal Rescue League of Iowa teams up with The HSUS to combat animal
crimes

DES MOINES, Iowa - The Humane Society of the United States joined with
the Animal Rescue League of Iowa to unveil a new weapon in the fight
against animal cruelty: a rolling Animal Crimes Investigation Unit.
The vehicle is manufactured to contain the latest forensic equipment
to help law enforcement at animal fighting or abuse crime scenes.

The Iowa press conference is the first stop in a 10-city media tour to
promote the vehicle.

"This cutting-edge vehicle is an innovative tool in the arsenal of
resources that we offer to law enforcement to crack down on animal
fighting criminals and other abusers," said Chris Schindler, certified
crime scene investigator for The HSUS.

The crime response vehicle features two fully-functional rooms for
examining dogs and documenting their injuries, equipment for evidence
packaging, ultra-violet lights for spotting body fluids, entomology
kits, a latent print lift kit and devices for identifying suspected
blood.

"Animal cruelty and fighting are both felony crimes in Iowa, and we
urge law enforcement in our state to use this new tool to catch those
who abuse animals," said Tom Colvin, executive director of the Animal
Rescue League of Iowa.

Facts

a.. The Humane Society of the United States has the nation's only
campaign solely dedicated to eradicating animal fighting on all fronts.
b.. The HSUS has a national animal fighting tip line, 877-TIP HSUS as
well as a reward program that offers up to $5,000 for information
leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in illegal
animal fighting.
c.. The HSUS assists law enforcement agencies nation-wide by providing
animal fighting experts who identify evidence and supply intelligence
that can lead to convictions.
d.. The Mobile Animal Crimes Lab was made possible thanks to a grant
from the Florida-based Folke H. Peterson Charitable Foundation.
e.. Iowa-based DODGEN Mobile Technologies, the manufacturer of the
unit, donated the first 10 tanks of fuel to be used as the vehicle is
driven to its future home base of Washington, DC.

http://www.dodgenmobiletech.com/ is the comapny that built it for
them. I'm ashamed they are from my state :(