[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: HOW TO DO KEYWORDS

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <lealynn@xxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:12:38 +0000

I set up our website through "Web.com" because it uses Trellex as a site
builder and that is what I am used to.  You can go in and check periodically
to see information about how your site is being "visited".  I built the site
about mid March this year....we have had 969 visits and averaged about
3 pages per visit.  What amazed me is the number of different countries some of
these
visits came from....Canada, Mexico, Portugal, Germany, France,  multiple
South American, etc.
What really amazes me is:  How did they get to the site???
Like everyone else, when I Google GSD, very few individual websites come up...
Never kennel names that I recognize.
Can some one please explain this in less technical terms? -Kay Reamensnyder and
Betty Doerpinghaus -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds -bedkar@xxxxx -Visit our
Website:  www.bedkargsd.com > From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx> Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008
10:46:42 -0500> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: HOW TO DO KEYWORDS> To:
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > In a message dated 12/16/2008 9:40:47 P.M. Pacific
Standard Time, > wynsum@xxxxxxx writes:> If you use front page, it will not set
up metafiles> > ~~~~~~~~~~> > > This is copied directly from front page.> >
Flag a page for a search engine> You can index keywords to your home page to
make your web more accessible to > search engines such as Yahoo! or Alta Vista.
> 1. On the File menu, click Properties, and then click the Custom tab. > 2.
Under User Variables, click Add. > 3. In the Name box, type keywords. > 4. In
the Value box, type the index keywords for your site, using > commas to
separate words. > 5. Click OK to close the User Meta Variable dialog box, and
then click > OK to close the Page Properties dialog box. > Notes > * FrontPage
adds the index keywords to your page's meta data. Click the > HTML tab in Page
view to see the HTML that FrontPage generates. > * Some search engines do not
use index keywords in meta data, or > require their own registration processes.
Check with specific search engines for > their guidelines. > > > Liz