[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: HGH competition in Dallas in 2008

  • From: "LEE SMITH" <ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx>, <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <knlsunrise@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:15:42 -0400

Cyndy,

Thanks so much for sharing. It brings back wonderful memories of working
with Ulf and getting Rex's HGH. It is amazing to watch a dog work a large
flock of ewes, lambs and, believe it of not, a couple of goats thrown in for
good measure in pastures without fences and as large as football fields.

I remember the first time Rex and I had to take the flock down a county road
and praying that today would be the day not a single car would drive by. I
was so nervous I thought I would throw up.

Then there was the time in the early Spring when Rex had to work the border
of a pasture so Ulf and I could help a ewe deliver a lamb. Well, Ulf helped
and I stood there with my mouth hanging open. He finally asked, Have you
been paying attention to your dog?" Truth was I hadn't even looked at my dog
for 20 minutes and there he was, just doing what he was supposed to do --
perfectly.

Of course, there was the time during a seminar when I was concentrating on
Rex doing the "walk up" and everyone started to giggle and laugh and Ulf
asked about the sheep. I turned around and guess what? There were NO sheep.
They had left to visit the cows in the next pasture!

Lee Smith