[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: HERO is being featured on TODAY

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <psharp212@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 09:13:26 -0800

I saw it this morning.  That lady is NOT a dog person.  How this event
couldn't convert her, I will never understand.  I couldn't help but chuckle
at how uncomfortable she appeared to be...she practically pulled his ears
right off of his head!!  And she held his leash so taught, I thought the
poor dog would choke to death right there on stage!!  Then she said how her
first thought when he appeared above her, licking her cheeks, was of
werewolves and vampires!!!
I know one thing...I have taken home dogs, and cared for them their entire
lives, who did less for me than Hero did for her.  After what he did, his
owner goes and relinquishes him up to an animal shelter/rescue organization
and they placed him with someone else for SAR training, which is a nice
thing, I guess, but, were I that lady, they would have had to pry Hero's
leash out of my dead, cold hands!!  Wonder what will happen to him if he
flunks out of SAR training??

Paula, 252 days and counting