[ SHOWGSD-L ] HERE IS WHAT I AM READING/HEARING

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:59:30 -0400

When the Review position was put up for bids, everyone who bid was informed
that they had to
abide by the P&P Manual which clearly stated that you could not show etc.
There were people
who did not submit a bid because they did not wish to stop actively showing etc.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO WAS CHOSEN FOR this paid position - also
clearly
different from being an elected Baord member who is not a PAID EMPLOUEE

The Editor that was chosen (and she is doing a great job so there is nobody
slamming her),
wanted to show and the Board changed the rules.

I am hearing/reading that people are unhappy that the rules were changed and
made retroactive.
The P&P Rules were not followed.  Had everyone who wanted the position and
submitting bids
been informed that the Board would consider changing the POlicy and Procedures
AFTER THE
FACT, perhaps more people would submit applications.

Before anyone jumps all over me and says YOU APPLIED.  I offered to step in for
interim,
agreed to the P&P rules but never sent in a BID or detailed resume for the
position as there were
so many far better candidates for the position.  So this is not sour grapes.

I am seeing that the Paid EMployee position should have the same limits as a
Board member.
I don't see how an Employee and a Board member are the same. And I am reading
the Board
sees them as the same and the membership does not.

I am seeing that discussing the subject of the way things were done is being
equated as a slam
against the Review Editor, which I do not see from the emails.  I see people
asking honest
questions.  Nobody is questioning our Editors abilities.  I see people wanting
to discuss the
changes to our Manual. I see this as a very v alid discussion - not a cat fight.

THIS IS NOT AN ADMIN OPINION

ZOE