[ SHOWGSD-L ] HELP UPDATE

  • From: Kizwiz@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:35:23 EST

Well unfortunately I didn't get very  good news.  Apparently there is
something under his disc in his upper back,  they are unsure if it is a tumor
or
something from a break.  The vet said  the only way to tell is an MRI but they
are
$2,000 and the outcome would be the  same anyway.  If it is a break( but he
doesn't know how, cause it takes a  lot to break a dogs back), he will have to
rest to see if it will heal, and  ofcourse if it is a tumor he will most
likely get worse.  He thought maybe  a bone infection but he has no fever.  He
has
to be seperated from the  other dogs in case it really is a disc problem.  It
is very hard to see a  puppy walk like an old man.  I wish there was something
I could do but we  are just giving him time right now and see what happens.
Keep him in your  prayers��.and thanks for you concern.  Only those who
love
dogs understand  how attached you can become, even in the short time we have
had  him.    Have a nice Thanksgivingâ?¦..