[ SHOWGSD-L ] Gulf Coast Rescue Dogs

  • From: "Catherine Murch" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:28:57 -0400

Hi Everyone;
I read the post about the dogs and Lepto. The dogs that I have been working
with are in quarantine until this Sunday. They have received
Vet checks everyday and are being treated for heartworm. Two dogs thus far
including the GSD have found their owners on Petfinders, and will be returned
to them after the HW treatment is done. Those of us working with the dogs must
follow very strict
guidelines, including showering and changing clothes and bagging the one worn
there before coming home. I have to say, the
difference in these dogs in 1 week is unbelievable. They have gained weight,
are happy, and being bathed every other day, their
coats are shining. I will be fostering the Akita after she is released until
such time that she is released for adoption if unclaimed.
Just wanted to share my thoughts and to let you know what a great feeling it is
to help these dogs in some way.

Cathy
Kelstar

Catherine Murch