[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Guide Dog question

  • From: Robert Utter <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:52:54 -0500

I have often taken a young dog or older puppy and allowed a trusted
friend to keep him/her for a short time - maybe even just overnight.
They learned that this was actually fun and become secure though they
are equally happy to get home again. I regularly have other trusted
people take the lead and walk the dog, work him/her in training class
etc. I also feed dogs in different places - the car, motel, friends.
I've leased out bitches and stud dogs with no problems and they settle
right in at their 'new' home.  Then back at home, they fall right into
our routine again.
Anne, TN