[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Guide Dog Graduation

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 21:14:40 -0700

We always went to all the Graduation ceremonies when our dogs that we had
donated graduated.
It IS AWESOME to watch them love the homes that raised them........and watch
the kids or family
hold the dog on leash on a sit during the introduction and ceremony
BUT THEN .........to watch EVERY SINGLE DOG drag their  'raisers'   to their
new blind owner who
is just quietly sitting on the stage in a chair waiting for their new friend is
amazing.    Once they are
given permission to go to their new owner they have only known a few
weeks....... they FLY to them
with wagging tails and great enthusiasm.......literally leaving their 'raiser'
family behind.
Their excitement about their new owner and new 'job' never ceases to give you a
thrill.
It does give one goose bumps to see how they KNOW what they will be doing after
just a few
short weeks of training with their new blind owner.........and WANT to!    I
cried every time.   <G>
You have to see it to really understand how the dogs love their job!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com