[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ground meat-times change

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:11:36 EDT

I am always amazed when the subject of feeding comes up. Times  sure change.
I fed good old Kennel-Biskit pre soaked& drained, and  boiled the  hamburger
and poured that ,juice and all over the kibble, For  first solid food for
puppies,put the same thing in blender  I read  what all the List feeds and I
wonder
how my dogs  did so well,with no  allergies,beautiful coats,good weight,very
isolated health problems,and of  course old age problems--Most of my animals
lived to 12-13.,When I closed my  kennel down 8 yrs ago,I brought the last two
old ones in the house.One had to  finally be put down at 13, after 3 cancer
operations ,and the last one at  14 blessed me with dying in his sleep.  We
didn't have all the numerous  choices for  dog food 50 years ago. In fact I
originally used canned cooked  horse meat,instead of ground hamburger..But dog
food,like human food ,has  changed drastically .Many choices,and I suppose
that's
good  Helen  Miller Fisher