[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Grooming Explain Please

  • From: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 21:53:13 EDT

That doesn't make it right.  I have NO problems with somebody "fluffing up" a
dog by means of a hair dryer, and I have no problem with somebody doing a
waterless shampoo before going in a ring.
But I take huge issue with people using eyeliner on their dogs' eye rims to
make them darker, or permanent marker on noses, merle spots, and nails to
"improve" pigment that isn't there, and seeing people put colored powders in
their
animals because they're lacking.

In a message dated 4/9/2006 8:41:44 PM Central Standard Time,
chsweetsun@xxxxxxx writes:
People will show dogs,
and win with dogs, that have been groomed and looking their best.
Trimming, coat enhancing, and fluffing up a here or there is and has been
done in not only this breed but almost every breed of dog since SHOW dogs
started

- Jackie

Marcato Shepherds
Where it's about function, not flash