[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Grooming Explain Please

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:30:32 -0700 (PDT)

And did you help these newcomers out by being friendly and introducing them to
your friends?  Typically this is all it takes to perk up someone who is feeling
on the outside looking in.
  Sometimes I know that people are just plain rude, but often I think it is
because we, as a culture, have lost the art of small talk and friendliness face
to face.  Cell phones, text messages and computers have really had an impact on
our social skills I think.
  Cynthia
Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx wrote:

Respectfully, I have to disagree, the reason at least a big reason is how
newcomers are often poorly treated, and excluded at the shows. They are often
given the "cold shoulder" or worse, treated badly by experienced
exhibitors/handlers/club members. I have watched it happen over and over, as
recently
as a couple of weeks ago...I was appalled . Heaven Forbid a newcomer should
win or come on scene with a really nice dog or bitch....they become cannon
fodder for every mean nasty comment imaginable , and rudeness, and outright
ugliness directed at them.
It is the real reason new people seldom stick around, can't blame them
either.

Kathy

_Victory German Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)
~ WEBSITE UPDATED: MAR 27, 2006
Home of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E DNA'D "NITRO"
25 BISS/ BESTS OF BREED TO DATE 2006 PACIFIC COAST VICTOR

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.