[ SHOWGSD-L ] Grievances, names on a list, and other misbehaviors.....

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 08:02:05 -0700

It does not matter what the setting, whenever people gather
in groups, there will be conflict. Those who see position as
power, and are power driven will seek position and use it
for self-aggrandizement. The best any group can do is make
sure you have fair elections and do not elect the power
hungry.

This is why politics has a bad name, we elect the political
animals and then they strive hard to maintain that power. It
is the same in a club or a nation.... Don't take it! Work
for the purpose of the club, and be strong enough to
confront tyrannical leadership.

The leadership we have is the leadership we have permitted.
Hard words, but we have to be strong enough to protect both
the breed and the clubs we are part of.

Dave

-----------------------------------
Well said Marcia and we forget that we belong to "a club"
because we want to associate with those of common interest
to learn as well as teach and the prime goal of our club is
to Promote  the positive aspects of our Breed and act as
Guardians of the breed.
It should never be to promote one's self!!
The best one can do is to have Breed Responsibility Morton
Morton Goldfarb,M.D. FACS

> On Mar 19, 2014, at 10:18 PM, Marcia Hadley
<blackoaks01@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Personality conflicts gone insane at the Regional Club
level, I have been involved in my beloved Club for 30 years,
and have seen the following first hand: New and prospective
members leaving in droves due to conflicts in personality
that have resulted in some rather nasty scream fests,
displays of appalling poor sportsmanship, and bullying, both
at club meetings, and at shows. I feel overwhelmed, and
saddened by it.
> Marcia Hadley

---
is active.