[ SHOWGSD-L ] Gretchen and Bear need our help!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:35:49 -0700 (PDT)

  Pat Lukos has provided sanctuary for Gretchen; a senior GSD from Virginia.
This old gal was encumbered with a grapefruit sized mass on her hock...how
uncomfortable for her! Special donations are needed to help Gret as she is
right this minute having the mass removed at Pats vet clinic. Gretchen will
live out her life in utter bliss in Pat's loving care. From a horrendous kill
facility to Heaven on Earth!!!
   Bear was finally brought in to Elizabethtown Animal Clinic on Saturday by
Ted the ACO...he was immediatley put on IV fluids due to severe dehydration and
starvation. The woman could only throw food; Bear was the husbands dog and was
left tied to a tree 24/7. The husband left, and the wife was on oxygen. Her
hose only stretched 50 feet..Bear was more than 60 feet from the house...We
have no idea how he got any water other than brackish rainwater...This poor 2
year old boy is suffering from horrendously infected ears due to the incessant
flies. He will require a few days of TLC before we can considering locating a
temporary foster for him. We have the offer of an EXPERIENCED foster in
Maryland, but this might take a week or two. Anyone who might be able to hold
this boy and give him the love he deserves while awaiting transport, please
contact me. His eyes tell the story of his hopelessness...no dog should live
like this.
 You can send your donations for these two directly to the clinic via credit
card over the phone...any amount would be appreciated as now having TWO dogs
requiring specialized medical care, we find that our funds are being stretched
to the maximum!  Our ability to save lives will only continue as long as there
are funds and foster placement available!
  Bears info: Elizabethtown Veterinary Hospital
                   Elizabethtown, NC.
                   910 862 3000
                   ask for Michelly
  Gretchens info:

Brady's Run Veterinary Hospital, Inc.
 443 Constitution Blvd.
 New Brighton PA 15066-2922

 Phone for Credit Cards - 724-846-5381
Last Hope has an account at this clinic...

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas